Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday May 14th

I cannot believe that we are 2 days away from Ryland being 5 months old!! Where have the last 5 months gone? 5 months ago today it was my next to last day at work - Dec 14th. I was working from home (instead of going into the office) because wearing comfortable workout clothes was the best since I was 9 months pregnant! Tab and I were making the last additions to our hospital bags. And I was cleaning the house so that when we came back from the hospital we got to come home to a clean house. I had my last prenatal doctor appt with Dr Sun that morning and we got the official word that we were on the "induction call list" at Northside and that someone would be calling us any time after 3pm on Tuesday Dec 15th. We were both so excited and surprisingly I was not nervous at all. The nerves did not really come into play until the following night when we had to make the decision to have a c-section and they wheeled in the epidural cart and the anesthesiologist that walked in could not have been over 35 years old :)

We have Ryland's ear infection follow up appt with Dr Loventhal this afternoon. I really think that his ear infection has gotten better because he is sleeping longer at night and is cough is completely gone. Keep your fingers crossed for a good report from Dr. Loventhal!

On a side note ... when we went into Ryland's room this morning to get him up he was on his stomach with his entire left leg hanging through one of the slats in his crib! It took a couple of seconds for me to get his leg out so I doubt he would have been able to do it himself. I wonder how we can keep that from happening again ....

2 comments:

  1. 2 Words: Breathable Bumper...you can get it at Babies R Us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUMPER...especially now that he is rolling over:)

    ReplyDelete