Thursday, September 16, 2010

9 MoNTh BiRthDaY !!!

Today is Ryland's 9 month birthday!! Man how times flies by!! He woke up this morning at 6:30am after having a good night's sleep. I cannot tell you how much he lights up our world with his smiles, especially the big one that he gives us in the morning when we go in there to get him out of his crib. That is one of my favorite moments of each day. Last weekend he went three nights in a row of waking up screaming every 2 hours. It was almost like he was having bad dreams because he never really woke up but he would stand up in his crib and cry until we went into his room to rock him back to sleep. But the last few nights he has been back to his normal schedule .... bed at 8pm and waking up at 6:30am.

On my way to pick up Ryland yesterday I got a call from the school when I was less than 2 miles away. They were calling to tell me that Ryland had just fallen and busted his bottom lip on one of his teeth. They said that he was doing ok but they wanted me to know since it did bleed a little bit. Needless to say I rushed right in when I got there, scooped him up and kissed all over him. They said that he had fallen backwards while he was trying to pull up on one of the cribs. His lip was not swollen and you could hardly see the cut on the inside of it when I got there so I think the fall scared him more than it actually hurt him. But I do feel a sense of comfort knowing that the Goddard School takes every "incident" very serious and will always report it to the parents and document it in his file.

Tomorrow is his 9 month check up with Dr Loventhal. I am excited to get his 9 month old stats and I will post the details after the appt. Our fingers are crossed that we get a good report on everything and that he has a good check up.





No comments:

Post a Comment