Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Catching Up

Tab left for St Simons Island and Tybee Island last Thursday ... I was so sad that Ryland and I could not go with him but work has been crazy for me lately so I had to stay back.

Ryland and I have been having some quality mommy/son time. My mom came out a few nights to help since I had to work late. And Ryland loved having his "CC" to hang out with. And just to add to the craziness of the past week I think every random thing that could happen while Tab was gone has happened ... Ryland's school had to close early due to A/C problems, I saw a bug in the house, Codi has been sick and throwing up, I had to take Ryland to the liquor store to buy stuff for Kari's shower, I got picked up at the liquor store with a baby on my hip - ha! ....

But the best part about the last few days is that Ryland has learned so many new things.
- He can now talk like Cookie Monster ... "I want my cookies" - I give all the credit of that one to my mom!
- He can now bark like a dog when you ask him what a dog says
- He found a new hiding spot next to the big piece of furniture in our hallway
- He loves to stomp one foot while he dances
- He tries to snap his fingers ... especially when the "If you are happy and you know it" song is on.
- He now says "please" in sign language .... all the time. And it makes it really hard to tell him no.

Below are some pictures over the last few days .... and you will notice that he is getting really close to needing another hair cut :)


*
I was in the kitchen making lunch and turned around and noticed Ryland had taken the magnets off of the refrigerator and lined them up on the counter ... a sure sign that he is getting taller :)
*

*
Having a naked breakfast.
*

*
Squinting because the flash was so bright on the camera.
*

*
On our way home from school.
*

*


*

Watching Seseme Street after breakfast ... still naked and munching on dry cereal.

*


*



*

No comments:

Post a Comment