Saturday, September 17, 2011

Home Sick ...

Thursday night I got back to the hotel in time to talk to Tab and Ryland on facetime (video) before Ryland went to bed. I was able to hang out with them on the phone as they finished up playing for the night and as they got ready for bed. Tab even propped up the phone on the night stand so that I could read the bedtime story with them. Ryland started acting a little funny while reading with Tab in the chair ... different than his typical "I am tired and ready for bed". We did not think much of it and we both said the night-night prayer (me on the phone) and put Ryland to bed. I ended up staying on the phone with Tab for a little while after Ryland went to bed. Not 10 minutes after Ryland went down he started crying and was standing up in his bed. We knew something was wrong. Tab ran up there and saw that Ryland and thrown up.

Tab went straight into "dad-mode" and took care of the mess and Ryland. I felt so helpless being so far away and not being able to hold and kiss on Ryland. Knowing that Ryland would probably have another "episode" he decided to make a big pallet on our bedroom floor and laid down with Ryland. And as expected he was up most of the night with Ryland getting sick :(

Ryland stayed home with Tab on Friday and seemed to be feeling better most of the day. I got home from Charlotte just before he went to bed so I was able to love and kiss on him before bedtime.

Everything seemed to be good ... he was happy when he went to bed and he slept through the night. At 8:45am this morning Ryland was still in bed. He had rolled around a few times but never got up. He typically wakes up around 7-7:30am so I decided to go in his room to check on him. He saw me come in but was still mostly asleep. So I decided to pick him up and was going to take him back to our bed. I did not even get back to our bedroom with him before it started .... he got sick again :(

All morning he laid on his special pallet on the sofa and watched Seseme Street. You could definitely tell that he did not feel good. All I wanted to do was lay with him and hold him ... so that is what I did!

Here are some pictures from the last 24 hours.

*
Friday night right after I got home from Charlotte. Ryland had just gotten out of the bath and was helping us change our bed sheets. Thinking that his "stomach bug" was gone we were trying to wash everything in the house to make sure that no one else caught it.
*

*
Jumping on the bed!
*

*
Saturday morning ... as you can tell we had everything covered with blankets and sheets just in case he got sick! And he wanted his new best friend ... Big Bear ... on the sofa with him.
*


*


*
Sound asleep after watching Seseme Street. And Bailey joined him on the sofa to make sure that he was ok.
*



*



*


*

After his morning nap he moved to the floor for his afternoon nap ... with Big Bear!
*



*



*




*

No comments:

Post a Comment