Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just Ryland and Me ...

Tab had to go to Nashville for work so for the past 2 days and nights it has been just the two of us (and Codi and Bailey - of course). This was my first time alone with Ryland overnight and it went pretty good. I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. But I think that is because there have been some nights when Tab got home really late so I had already done the night routine by myself. And then there have been some mornings when Tab left really early so I have done the morning routine by myself. But being a single parent is very exhausting!!

The first night he woke up at 1am and since I knew that he could not be hungry and I was feeling lonely in our big bed I ended up bringing him back to my room to sleep for the rest of the night. This is definitely not the norm for us but it was nice having him sleep right next to me!!

The second night he slept in his crib from 9pm - 5:30am which was great!! This was the first night in a long time that he has slept through the night.

This morning Ryland was in a great mood but all of a sudden he started spitting up and then it turned into him throwing up. I have to say that watching your little one throw up is the worst feeling ever! Good news is that he did not get upset and was not acting like he felt bad. I am hoping that he just ate too much and his stomach did not know what to do with all of the food.

Tab is coming back tonight. Codi and Bailey are definitely feeling neglected and are ready for Tab to get home so someone will be available to show them some attention!!

No comments:

Post a Comment