Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Mother's Day .... 1 Week Early!

A few months ago I decided that the one thing that I wanted for Mother's Day was to run cable and add a TV in our bathroom. Since I get up before Tab during the week and you cannot see the master bedroom TV from our bathroom I can never watch or listen to the news (ie. watch the Today Show) as I get ready for work. I was determined that Tab and I could "make this work" without any professional help and we did it!

A few weeks ago we went up in the attic to see if we could locate any cable wire that we could cut and add a splitter. Our entire attic is covered in the blown white insulation so it looks like a huge snow storm just went through and you cannot see anything but the 2x4 boards running to the ceiling. We were about to give up when I spotted a few inches of the black cable wire that was running over one of the guest bedrooms (luckily that guest bedroom has a raised ceiling so the cable wire had to run up and over that raised part of the floor in the attic). After we confirmed that it was definitely cable wire we went to Home Depot to buy all of the parts that we would need for our project.

While Ryland took a nap today Tab and I started in the bathroom by cutting a hole in the wall under the vanity section of the counter tops. Tab then went into the attic and while I held a flashlight to the hole dropped a rope down the wall. I was able to grab the rope and then pull the cable wire down the wall and out into the bathroom. Step #1 ... Complete!
*

*

*
Here is the place in the attic above our bathroom that Tab had to first locate and then drop the rope/wire down.
*

*
He then went over to the cable wire that was over the guest bedroom and cut it and then added a splitter to it. Step #2 ... Complete!
*

*


*


*


*

Balancing on the 2x4 boards that are under all of that white insulation!
*


*

After all of the work in the attic was complete we then finished up everything in the bathroom and added the wall plate over the hole. Step #3 ... Complete!

*

*

After Ryland woke up from his nap we all headed to Costco and got a TV. We plugged it in and turned it on and everything works perfectly! Step #4 ... Complete!
*


*



*

I already love it and know that I am going to really enjoy it every morning! And it is an added bonus since I get to start enjoying it 1 week before Mother's Day!


Thanks Tab and Ryland! I love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment