Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daddy ... Time Out ... 2 Minutes!

Last night we were all playing in the living room after dinner.  I was sitting on the floor and Tab was helping me stretch when I said "Ouch, that hurts".  Well Ryland thought Tab hurt me and he promptly turned around ... pointed his finger and told Tab to "Daddy timeout ... for 2 minutes!".  It was the funniest thing that we have seen.  And Ryland meant it.  He kept telling Tab, with a serious face, that he needed to go for "2 minutes, 2 minutes!".

After a few minutes of all laughing about it I asked Ryland if he wanted me to go to timeout and he said yes.  So I went and sat in his timeout corner in the living room.  Ryland did exactly what we do every time that he is in timeout ... tried his hardest to ignore the fact that I was sitting in timeout.  And when he did look my way he would point his finger and say "2 minutes".  After a couple of minutes he came running over to me to get me out of timeout and gave me a big hug!

I wonder if this means that he goes to timeout too much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment